Monday, February 17, 2014

Weekly Thrift Store Finds and More!

Hit the thrifts after the snow/ice storm last week, not too much happening at all at the thrifts.  I had a pretty good week the week before so I can't complain.  Yesterday I did run into a nice 401-403 set of Colonial Mist, but I don't collect that.  I even broke my 'get a 401 in every pattern' rule and didn't pick up the 401, that's how much that pattern doesn't appeal to me.  I wished it was some other pattern.  Here's what I found at the thrifts...

I picked up the red 402 though it's not great, but it will work with my Friendship for now.  I was missing the 471 for Spring Blossom and got this minty promotional Trailing Flowers that I'll mix into my later SB and BG and Autumn Harvest patterns that I use in my "Autumn" display.  It's an excuse to pick up something when things are slow that I wouldn't otherwise buy.  I also got this minty Friendship lid that I can use on my minty 475 that I currently have a not so minty lid for.

As boring as lids can be to look for, I look all the time.  I need a 626 to complete my Golden Leaf that I have the cradle for.  No luck yet but I did get a couple 624s, a 623 and a 501.  I was having a heck of a time finding 624s for the longest time.  Prices were great.  A 623 and 624 for 50 cents each, the other 624 for 89 cents and the 501 for 40 cents.


Non-thrift store purchases were two minty promotionals (Orange Fiesta and Holiday 024) that were requested by hubby and a minty Friendship 501 from an estate sale.


I'm a happy girl.  I got my weekly fix!  It took some giving in--thrift stores have been dry not only for Pyrex but other vintagey stuff we hunt for, so a couple juicy pieces in the non-thrift fashion was in order!

(Hopelessly addicted),

Evie

5 comments:

  1. I've never seen Orange Fiesta before! Very cool. As usual, your haul is drool-inducing, even if things are dry where you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, both the Orange Fiesta and the Holiday promotionals are a beautiful shade of bright orange red--we couldn't resist!
      Evie

      Delete
  2. Good luck to you and your endeavours.

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going above market requirements is all in an everyday work at Fusion Homes. Each Fusion House is developed on a firm base of reliability, continuous improvement, dedication, and quality.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fusion Homes has been developed to offer you with cheerful residing. Rooms that permit easy flow of wind, lively residing room place and adequate area are characteristic of each residence in Fusion Homes.

    ReplyDelete