Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Divide and Conquer!

Hey everybody! I'm Genevieve from over at Your Aunties Panties (it only sounds slightly perverse, I assure you, it's not!)

I'm new to the Pyrex Collective III, and couldn't be more happy to be here! What a great community of Pyrex lovers! Anyways, on to the good stuff!

I haven't had any decent shopping excursions lately, due to a lovely Canadian snow storm, and feeling pretty yucky too! I did want to share some lovely divided dishes that I have found in 2012 so far! 

 I literally gasped when I spied this little sweetie at Sally Ann for just $3.99. It's one of my most favorite Pyrex finds in quite a while!I just love the Barbed Wire pattern, it's so out of the ordinary!

 
I also really love this Snowflake Blue pattern, really lovely and simple! I paid $5.00 for this one.

 
 A Verde divided dish, in great condition! I think this one was $5.00 also.


So, besides being excellent at taking up cupboard space, these dishes are great for for leftovers, or even serving two different types of snacks. I've seen posts online where some rockin' folks have made two different types of pie, one on each side (where the heck was that?)

What do you all like to use your divided dishes for?? I know they're not the most coveted pieces around, but you all probably have at least one, right? Let me know what you use yours for, and I'll be able to justify keeping them (and maybe a few of their friends) around!!!


Happy Hunting!!!

Genevieve

4 comments:

  1. Hi Genevieve!

    Welcome to the crazy world of Pyrex obsessing. I have quite a few divided dishes and I mainly use them during family get togethers and holidays for appetizers. I love serving a dip in a larger dish then veggies and crackers in the divided dishes. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ThrifterSisters!

    That sounds like a great idea for a buffet style feast! :) I will definitely try that for our next get-together!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree - they're great for dips!

    I've made an apple crisp in one so you can use them just about any day!

    I have quite a few divided dishes, only problem, they take up quite a bit of space!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have quite a few divided dishes also. I mostly use mine for serving appetizers. They do take up a lot of space but for some reason I really like the divided dishes.

    ReplyDelete