Wednesday, January 8, 2014

First Pyrex Finds of the New Year

I've had some good finds over the last few days…I've only been able to head out in drips and drabs since Christmas as I have been under the weather, and my philosophy is, if I am too sick to go to the gym, I am too sick to thrift. It keeps me honest.


So I found a Green Wheat Space Saver. I didn't crop this picture so you all could understand how random this find was. I rounded a corner and saw what looked like green glass poking out behind a bunch of plastic goods on the very back corner of a bottom shelf. I got down and pulled out this space saver. You can see the chaos of the shelves. I then spent a good ten minutes on the floor, moving everything around trying to locate a lid, but alas, no luck. 


I couldn't believe I found a Hostess with a lid. Both pieces are extremely minty! The cake pan is a minty Desert Dawn, which is a fun find. I am a big baker (even been to the Betty Crocker Kitchens on General Mills' dime!) and was thrilled to add this to my set of cake pans, which for whatever reason do not stack well. The Bluebird is so fun and me, I am a big fan of bird motifs. It's not the most covetable of promotions but I was sure happy to find it!

I hope your hunting is going well!

Jacquelyn

3 comments:

  1. I love all of them, esp the bluebird and the yellow. Nice finds:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are having the best luck!!!! I'm jealous!!!! What a great assortment!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those are some great finds in the thrifts! It's not easy to find a lid for those hostess sets.

    ReplyDelete