Sunday, December 16, 2012

Holiday Happiness Year-Round

I needed to get out of the house today and what better way to rid myself of cabin fever than to go antique shopping? 

I was kicking myself a little for not nabbing this piece for the holidays at the local thrift store earlier this week:


But then I justified it because I literally have no space for the rack. I would probably have to store the rack AND the bowl under my kitchen table. Plus the lid was chipped. I also didn't want to spend $15 on something that I would end up only using over the holidays.

Nevertheless, I still wanted to hunt for holiday-type Pyrex, so I went antique shopping. 

There were small casseroles: 

 There were snowflake patterns and refrigerator dishes:



And after I'd been through the entire store forwards and backwards (seriously, it is amazing what I discover when I retrace my steps going the opposite direction), I stumbled up this little beauty quietly perched on a lower shelf: 




The photo is awful. I think I was actually shaking when I saw the dish and probably couldn't focus right. I'd never come across this pattern before. 

I resisted the urge to sweep up every last (overpriced) piece of Pyrex in the shop and instead grabbed this holy grail casserole dish with the lid for $12. From what I've gathered, this 'Golden Bouquet' was a promotional piece from 1965 -- does that seem right?



Isn't she beautiful? I can't stop smiling. I know I will use this year-round, AND it definitely seems to give an extra sparkle for the holidays. 




Holiday happiness, year-round.

11 comments:

  1. I'm green with envy! Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful piece. My sister found one at Goodwill so I have seen it in person and it is STUNNING! A perfect year round dish.

    Happy Holidays & Congrats on you find!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll be sure to post some pics of it in holiday use :)

      Delete
  3. It's beautiful - great find. And I love how your Christmas ornaments bring out the gold accents - well done!
    :)
    C

    ReplyDelete
  4. golden bouquet has been on my "want" list for some time - great find!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! (I'm still smiling every time I see it on my table...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, especially with the gold ornaments!

    ReplyDelete