Thursday, August 14, 2014

First Time Poster

After years of drooling over the finds that everyone else posts about, I decided it was finally time to join the collective myself. It came at a good time too, because I just hit the World's Longest Yard Sale last weekend. While some of the vendors were a little on the expensive side, i.e. $18 for a single divided dish missing its lid, I did pick up a few good things.

This little creamer was only 50 cents, and it's the one pattern that I actively collect. I'll probably never use it as an actual creamer, but I'm sure I can find some use for it! The only other one I have is currently holding a wax melt and sitting on a candle warmer.

There were a bunch of vendors set up outside and around a barn, and they all had outrageous prices on everything. I don't know about you, but I don't want to pay $12 for a pair of used and dirty shoes. A vendor inside had this little piece of opal Pyrex priced at $2. It's the size of a pie plate, but it's got a much cooler lid. Oddly enough, he had higher prices on the Glasbake and Fire King pieces he had.

I have a roommate who thankfully loves yard sales and thrift stores too, and he is understanding of my Pyrex addiction. He wasn't understanding of these bowls, which he referred to as the "ugly bowls" when I pointed them out. The seller had two sets priced at $15 each but came down to $12. I actually kind of like the pattern myself.

Those are the only Pyrex pieces I came home with, but I came home with a ton of other stuff. Check out my blog here to see my other finds. I can't wait to see what everyone else found recently!

6 comments:

  1. Well, I for one just love your "ugly bowls"! You did well. Going to check out your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a wee bit of a stalker on your blog :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing!! Can't wait to see what your future finds bring! It's always so much fun isn't it?
    Evie

    ReplyDelete