Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Hello UFO

I started purging a great deal of my collection recently and on the chopping block was my Turquoise 024. I was all set and ready to offer it for sale but decided to take a break for a few days.

Well, I'm glad the break happened, because this past weekend we went on a day trip to a quaint little town and did touristy things. In one shop of this little town my husband found this:


A UFO stand...and how fitting that he spotted it, because the UFO is one of his dream pieces that we had always assumed would be unattainable. This stand was on a shelf under a staircase in the basement of a combo junk/antique store. We paid the junk price.

As soon as we got home he married it up with my 024:


Now, I know this is not complete because it does not have the metal lid. But maybe lightning will strike twice? Until then, we are both satisfied. 

Happy hunting!

Jacquelyn

7 comments:

  1. I would say that your break from selling was a direct sign from the Pyrex Gods :-)

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great find! I always look through the junk metal piles for stuff like that, and have never really found anything. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jealous, for sure! Good find :-)

    thriftables.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how happy you are! I'm happy for you too!!!!

    Evie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all! My husband is *super* happy because he has always wanted this piece. I'm glad the 024 missed being purged...but that said, something else has to now go in its place, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey There. I found your blog using Google. This is a very well written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful information.
    Best Cccam Server

    ReplyDelete