Sunday, January 20, 2013

I Guess I'm Collecting It All...

I used to say I collect turquoise and pink. But now, I've started quite the butterfly gold collection... And I have 4 early americans... Some stripes... But, I love them! Oh well :)

Yesterday was a super pyrex day! I scored some butterfly gold (seems easiest to find around here so I think it grew on me during my desperation). A 404, a 444, and a butter dish. Then, a pink pie plate, and a blue stripe 403!!! Blue stripe for...$9!!! The man was a mad scientist type of character, who didn't mind giving me a deal. Very nice :)

I also found a delphite blue divided. I'm not crazy about the delphite (yet lol), anyone want to trade for it? I'd like a butterfly gold loaf pan, bg medium or large fridgie, anything turquoise (I have too much butterprint but want solids), square dip bowl, turquoise/white snowflake, or pink stuff. Anyway, I'm pretty open! Anyone wana sell me their starburst? I know... But here's to hoping :)

I'll post about my pyrex dinner party later (it's happening tonight!).

Happy pyrexing,
Christina
Belle of the Blog







8 comments:

  1. I'm in the same boat, I started out just collecting a few certain things, but I have found and have been given some wonderful pieces. I have some pieces I have considered giving away (a ton of butterfly gold, old orchard, woodlands, and some others) but I can't bring myself to it since they were ones my husbands Mother used when he was growing up. I did start being super selective though and only take on what I really love and can't live without (anything black, snowflakes, and promo patterns) I've also started leaning more towards JAJ Pyrex. Who knows what will happen though. I love it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Family connection makes it tough! My grandma alllwaayyys used her butterprint nesting bowls. Now they are mine :)

      Delete
  2. I hear you - it's so hard to pass up Pyrex when the price and condition are good! Love the stripes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stripes are in such demand... I couldnt leave it behind!

      Delete
  3. No matter what I'm officially "collecting" there is no way I would leave those behind! I would love to have some delphite pieces and the stripes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what happens. The time to buy is when you see it, right? Didnt want to regret it.

      Delete
  4. Oh, I totally understand your situation. I swore I'd only collect fridge dishes and Butterfly Gold -- HA! I just found that same pink pie plate - isn't it fun??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have three white pie plates, so getting a color was a nice change! Cant wait to make quiche!

      Delete